Curry soup has the flavors that remind me of fall and winter. Cooler temperatures and warmer clothes. But I was craving it even in the southern humid heat. So I made it and sat under a blanket in the comfort of our lovely air conditioner. It was delicious. I love the flavor combination of coconut milk, sweet potato, and curry.
Curry Sweet Potato Squash Soup
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and cubed
- 2 cups butternut squash, cooked and cubed (used frozen cubed squash and heated it in the microwave)
- 1 15 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- sprinkle of onion powder, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
Blend until smooth. Season to taste. The vinegar adds another level of flavor and the maple syrup adds a bit of sweetness. You can substitute carrots for sweet potatoes or butternut squash. Sometimes I add a small amount of cooked onions to blend. Turmeric is another spice that can be added for flavor and health benefits.